Home School Agreement
Ensuring a positive relationship between parents and the school in support of every student is one of the key objectives at The Benchmark. This document is designed to articulate what the school expects from parents.
To download Home School Agreement Click here
- Play Group 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Reception & Junior 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Senior onwards 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Hifz Program 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
- Parents must bring their child’s Student ID card along with them when coming to pick up the child from school. If parents fail to do so, they may have to wait 45 minutes for completion of guardian authentication process.
PLAY GROUP/RECEPTION & JUNIOR
- A child attending school for the first time must be accompanied by a parent possibly for the few initial days. Kindly follow the schedule provided by the Montessori Head at the time of admission.
- Student arriving late, will be disallowed from attending school.
- Fridays and Sundays are off.
- Summer vacations are split between months of Ramadan and June or July.
- Winter vacations are on the last 10 days of the month of December.
- Huffaz are given off for the last 10 days of Ramadan.
- The school will only be off on the dates mentioned on Event Calendar.
- For uncertain situations, parents will be contacted via SMS late at night.
- Transport is outsourced.
- Management only assists you for the availability of vans and reasonable fare.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to know the van driver’s name and his contact information.
- The school is not responsible for transport.
- Diaries, notebooks and books must be laminated with a plastic cover and labelled with the Student’s Name, Class and Section. Other belongings (such as uniform, cap, scarf, lunch box, water bottle, shoes, swimsuit etc.) should be labelled with the student’s registration number. All belongings brought to the school premises must not have any cartoon characters on them.
- Students are not allowed to bring money or expensive items such as jewelry, watch, etc.
- Parents are advised to send homemade food and avoid sending unhealthy food.
- In case of a student’s absence, planned or unplanned, parents must inform the school and submit an application by hand or via email
- For planned absences, parents must submit the application well in advance and must wait for confirmation of approval.
- Parents are advised to keep hold of their fee receipts for three months as they may be required from the school.
- Parents must keep their contact information up to date with the school. The school can only contact parents according to the information provided by them.
- If a student is found violating the uniform code (untidy or improper uniform, missing cap, improper shoes, missing Student ID card, poor grooming, etc.), he/she will be disallowed from attending school.
- Grooming is an essential part of the uniform; it includes cutting of nails, short and presentable hair (for boys), and general presentable appearance.
ADMISSION MAY BE DISMISSED IF
- The student’s overall attendance is less than 85%.
- The parents fail to pay the fees by due date (before the 10th of every month).
- The parents or student is found using foul language and/or shows aggression towards teachers and staff.
- The parents or student is found to be defaming the school and/or its staff in the society (verbally or through social media).
- Our teaching technique is not helpful for the particular student.
EXAMINATION TILL GRADE III
- Till Grade III, the session is divided into two terms.
- Each term has an individual report.
- The report is based on the teacher’s regular and continuous assessment process.
- It is a formative assessment method wherein we use informal observations, class discussions and contests to assist a child.
- Students are also evaluated on a monthly basis.
Note: It is very important to understand that each child has a different learning capacity, response level & ability to adapt to diverse surroundings.
EXAMINATION FROM GRADE IV ONWARDS
- From Grade IV, the session is also divided into two terms.
- Each term has an individual report.
- The report consists of summative assessment methods which include interactive class discussions, contests, exit slips, on the spot performances, quizzes, exams and major cumulative projects.
- There is a comprehensive examination by the end of every term.
- Students for The Hifz Program are selected from Grade II.
- There are three levels:
- Level 1 covers Paras 30 to 21.
- Level 2 covers Paras 20 to 6.
- Level 3 covers Paras 5 to 1, Girdan and Fast Track. .
- Students are also provided extracurricular activities such as swimming and other sports.
- After the completion of the Hifz Program, students continue their regular studies from Grade VI.
TARBIAH FOR PARENTS & STUDENTS
All of us, whether young or old, need to be constantly reminded of the need to have a firm attachment with Allah SWT. Therefore, the Benchmark organizes monthly lectures for parents as well. We need parents’ full support and cooperation in this regard. Given the importance of these lectures, the Benchmark allocate Grades to students for their parents’ participation
- Swimming is only available for students of Grade I to V (for boys only).
- The school takes all possible measures to ensure safety. However, if parents are not willing to take the risk, they may provide us a request in writing, stating that they do not wish their child to participate in swimming.
- Your suggestions and concerns are important to us. To reach us in this regard, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Emails to other addresses will not be entertained.
- Parents are advised to wait for a week for any matter to be fully resolved.
PARENTS TEACHER MEETINGS (PTMs)
- We do not organize traditional PTMs.
- However, if parents wish to meet a teacher, they may take an appointment on Fridays (9:00 – 11:00 AM) for all concerns.
- It is recommended for parents to visit teachers on Fridays at least once a month.
CONTACTS & APPOINTMENTS
- To make appointments with the HOC/SH or teachers contact the following:
Main Campus: 021-34800932-3, 0335-2806611 & 0335-2816611
Girls Campus: 02134812591-2
- All meetings will be entertained after 9:00 AM.
- For leave applications:
Main Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Campus: email@example.com
- For Accounts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For matters concerning transport, contact Accounts: 021-34800932-3/0323-4378888
- For course or sports kits related queries, contact Reception.